Hello!

Welcome to "My Page"!
This is primarily where I'll post information and pictures regarding to my day to day life....friends, family, events.
Feel free to pop in for a visit anytime!

Saturday, July 5, 2008

What to Do when she wants a NEW DO!

Ahhhh------13, what a wonderful age LOL!!

My lovely daughter came to me the other night at almost 11 pm, with wet hair and a wishful look in her eyes..... I looked at her and said "WHAT in the world are you doing up?>>>And WHY is your hair all wet?!"

Then I noticed she had a magazine in her hand...."uh oh", I thought. She then went on to say that she couldn't sleep so she started reading thru some of her old mags.
Apparently, she found a haircut she wanted and washed her hair in the hopes I could magically reproduce the image from the page onto her.

Her hair is like mine, very thick and full of body when cut short. But she had never had her hair cut short---and I've been hoping for SO long that she would want to try it one day. Well, that day had come!
So I looked at the picture, looked back at her and asked, "Are you sure? 'Cause we can't put it back if you change your mind!" She just laughed and gave me that "OH MOM...." wave of the hand.

With my straight scissors, razor scissors and comb in tow...away we went. I cut, and cut, and cut....and cut some more....then a little more. She took a look, smiled and said, "Shorter!" Who am I to argue? So I cut some more!!

And here's the outcome>>>>>>
BEFORE:

This was from her first day of school this PAST school year....so her hair was a LOT longer by the time we cut it! I think in all I cut off 8-9" in base length...plus added some long layers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AFTER:
I snapped this one as she was on her way out the door after a shower...so this is the "Wash n Go" look~ LOL~
Now HERE...she's ROCKIN her NEW DO!
LOL!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wow - I must say you are brave to cut your 13 year old daughter's hair! LOL
Great job, the cut looks fabulous on her and I like that smile in the last picture!