Hello!

Welcome to "My Page"!
This is primarily where I'll post information and pictures regarding to my day to day life....friends, family, events.
Feel free to pop in for a visit anytime!

Saturday, July 26, 2008

WOMEN...you'll get this one!! LOL

Last week, myself and two of my friends decided to go out for a lite lunch. We'd all been having a hectic time lately and AMAZINGLY we actually found a day that we were all free and able to step out for a bit.
So we chose a nice lil place w/outdoor seating, ordered some beautiful salads, delicious homemade bread and a nice bottle of light white table wine. And as women do, we all began to share our most recent conquests....frustrations....anxieties....experiences. Quite the enjoyable afternoon.
Before we knew it, 3 hours had flown by and it was - regrettably - the end of our 'play date' and time to get back to the grind that is our lives -LOL.
But before we all headed out to our cars, we of course paid the bill and then did yet another "as women do" thing...we all made a pitstop at the Ladies Room before departing.
Ok...now as I pointed out earlier, we had just spent the last 3 hours talking about pretty much EVERYthing and ANYthing that crossed our minds.....save one topic:

As I was standing at the mirror, primping, (for WHAT I don't know, afterall I was only going home to full dirty laundry basket to greet me at that time of day-LOL!) suddenly I heard that all to familiar-yet personally irritating to all women - sound of a plastic wrapper being ripped open:
KSSSHHHHHTTTTT!!!!
My one friend in the stall sort of giggled 'knowingly' and said, "You too huh?" My other friend didn't find it QUITE so funny, sounding more annoyed w/the whole process, replying with, "UGH---Why don't these things just come w/a big FOGHORN attached to it! That way EVERYBODY will REALLY know your personal business!!"
It's not so bad if your w/friends, I mean hey-all women go thru it. But my hubby works in a place where they actually have co-ed bathrooms...I can't even IMAGINE being a woman who needed to take care of things, and while there's THREE men in there ..... KSSSHHHHHTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thanks!!!

We all laughed about it, but if you think about it, she's right though!! WHY can't they wrap those things in something a little more "paper" like?? Similar to a heavy-ply 'paper towel' type thing? Or maybe similar to what they make coffee filters out of? It would be more eco-friendly too!
If nothing else, just a little more discretion would be nice!! Is that too much to ask??

Please feel free to share your stories/thoughts on this one!! LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not embarassed by it. It's my period, not some horrible contagious infection. That said, cloth pads or applicator free tampons are nice and quiet.

I have my period once a month - wanna know how many erections males get each day? You might be surprised. And, while it may be momentarily humorous, both are just bodily functions.

Anonymous said...

yeah menstruation isnt something to be ashamed of...i use reusables and then you dont have to worry about it...its better for the environment and for you
swing by my blog, i wrote an informative blog about tampons and why they are bad
im also having a giveaway on my blog for a free reusable pad!
http://www.holisticallyheather.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

My husband brought me a tampon once in a restaurant and handed it to me almost with a flourish and couldn't understand why I was upset with him!